The Department of Pediatric Surgery at Shaare Zedek Medical Center provides comprehensive surgical services to any child who needs them. Our physicians have extensive training and expertise in the complexities of pediatric invasive procedures, alongside the tenderness required when performing invasive treatments on this sensitive population, treatments that are hard to handle even for adults, let alone for children.
Our physicians specialize in many types of surgeries:
• Urgent cases admitted through the Pediatric Department of Emergency Medicine (ER) such as acute appendicitis, intussusception, and traumas.
• Procedures to fix congenital defects: inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, undescended testicle, congenital anomalies such as esophageal atresia, duodenal atresia, imperforate anus, intestinal malrotation, hiatal hernia, defects in the abdominal lining, Hirschsprung's Disease, pyloric stenosis and more.
• Urgent cases in the NICU such as necrotizing enterocolitis, and other emergencies that require an invasive procedure in the abdominal cavity,
• Operations to remove various tumors in children.
• Head and neck surgeries and chest surgeries that involve pneumonectomy.
• Problems in the area surrounding the anus.
• Procedures to prevent reflux.
Dr. Yaron Armon
Mrs. Galit Avraham, RN, BA
Next Generation Building, 7th Floor